Taping is Done

   Posted by: kdavis

5 buckets (300 + lbs) of mud later, the taping is done.

Since I’m texturing, I didn’t have to be too fussy, but it’s still a heck of a lot of work. After 5 buckets of mud and 1500′ of mesh tape, and a BUNCH of inside corners, it came together.

BTW, first time using the inside corners, and they seem to be way easier than just the mesh tape.

For those that are interested, I used an 8″ taping knife for the first coat, then on to a 12″ knife for the 2nd. This seems to give really good results. I’ll need to go over a few rough spots with the sponge and that’s it. No sanding at all.



View the Album